Demand Response & PLC
Demand Response & Curtailment
- Receive payments from the grid operator in exchange for usage reductions during times of peak demand on the grid system.
- Curtail consumption by switching to installed back-up generation / energy storage. Reduce through installed generation / battery backup, or predetermined reduction plan to temporarily shut down or reduce usage of equipment during event.
- Reduce load via a predetermined reduction plan – temporarily shut down equipment or a sub-metered section of your facility.
- Monitoring of actual event performance and expected vs received payments.
Prudential Energy ensures reliable software installations, advanced DR event notification/alerts and works aggressively to maximize your DR payments.
Demand response rules, programs and payments vary widely between each market. Our staff can assist clients in outlining the best program fit for specific facility operations, and work with multiple suppliers to formulate a DR plan and negotiate the most advantageous payment splits.
Peak Load Contribution (PLC) Savings
Higher consumption and elevated kw demand plays a major role in what you pay for capacity year-round. The grid sets your PLC on higher demand days, which typically occurs over the summer.
Effectively managing your PLCs could yield up to 25% reduction on total energy cost.
Prudential provides the management/alert tools so that you can effectively lower your PLC during events.
Regional PLC programs:
- NYISO ICAP – New York
- PJM 5CP – Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia
- ISO-NE 1CP – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont
- ERCOT 4CP – Texas
Tell us about your current energy challenges...
We will provide you with specific solutions that will meet your exact needs.
- Strategy & Pathway
- Cost Reduction
- Risk Mitigation
- Data Automation & Tracking
- Energy Transformation